Michael is a practicing Kinesiologist in Squamish and Whistler. He graduated with his Masters in Kinesiology in 2014, where he focused on the use of neuromuscular training for the prevention of ACL injuries for adolescent female freestyle skiers.
Michael believes strongly that exercise is the most effective form of preventative medicine. He sees the need to connect coaching, strength and conditioning training with the research that is available on rehabilitation and injury prevention.
Michael is extremely passionate about skiing, having been a ski instructor since 2004 and a freestyle ski coach since 2012. He sees knee injuries as being far too common in skiing and a need for injury prevention to become a part of the sport.
Education, Qualifications & Certifications:
- Masters Degree in Kinesiology- UBC 2014.
- Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology- UBC 2012.
- FMS- Level 2.
- Registered Kinesiologist (BCAK)
- Certified Exercise Specialist (Can-Fit Pro)
- CSIA Ski Instructor Level 2.
- CFSA Freestyle Ski Coach: Club Coach, Air 4, TSM 2.